Monday, April 28, 2014

Drowning over here

There is one common thread to just about every healthy living regimen in the world.


Water.
You have to drink water ALL THE TIME.



Do the math people.  If a 130 pound woman needs 8 glasses of water a day, I need to just stick my head under a faucet and stay there.


Cocktails don't count, apparently.  Neither does Diet Coke (oh, how I miss you, Diet Coke!!!).  Never in my life have I been a water-drinking kind of person.  It was OK on the side, as like, the back-up beverage, but never, never, as the liquid of choice.  But now, I'm practically drowning in the stuff.  

Mint, lemon juice, and lots and lots of ice help.  


But I'd still rather drink 2x my weight in margaritas.

5 comments:

  1. You go, Sharon! I am following your progress. I got as far as finding 25 pebbles and putting them in a jar, and then finding another clean jar. Stalled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a full year to start, so you are still miles farther than I was, Dorothy. Baby steps!

      Delete
  2. yay Sharon! I like the Waterlogged app. helps for tracking and motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY RONA! Put a little lime in that water. I'm a bad water drinker too. It seems like such an easy, no brainer, but I really have to make an effort to drink enough water.

    ReplyDelete